Below are the &company Terms and Conditions. Anyone accessing the space as a member or student must agree to these terms and conditions before signing up.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
• Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property and/or equipment that I bring into &company, or generate/create in any area of &company
• Any bodily injuries or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in any class, workshop, or program on &company property or premises
• Any bodily injuries or damages that I may sustain as a result of using any machine or equipment owned by or incurred on &company property or premises
I understand that by:
• Becoming a member of &company
• Participating in classes, events and/or workshops
• Using &company facilities, studios, labs, shops and machines
I agree to take on full responsibility for any risks, damages, injuries, known or unknown, for bodily and/or personal property, which I might incur.
I also agree to voluntarily waive any claim that I, my heirs, or legal representatives may have against &company, it’s instructors, staff, volunteers, or owners for any damage, damages, injuries, known or unknown, incurred bodily and/or/on personal property.
I understand the use or possession of alcohol and/or illegal drugs is considered reckless endangerment by my person and is not allowed in the workshop, studios, or classes of &company under any circumstances and that I will be subject to removal from the premises by &company staff.
I understand that all storage of personal property, either brought in from the outside or created at &company, is my exclusive responsibility, and that such said storage is gratuitous and subject to approval by &company management. Unless part of an event held by &company for an opening or Pie Night, no alcohol is to be consumed on the premesis.
I understand that &company retains the right to revoke membership at any time, with management’s own discretion, with no refund.
The member shall provide payment prior to first use, either by cash or EFT. All bookings for passes or specialist equipment must be paid in advance or at the commencement of the session.
All Memberships require a Security Deposit of $50. Security deposits are due upon signing and will be returned within 30 days of the last day of membership.
No membership cancellations will be honored before the minimum commitment has been satisfied, and no refunds will be issued once the Membership Agreement has been executed. All Members must complete the full membership term they indicated in the Membership Agreement. Upon completion of the terms of the Membership, the member will be invoiced for the next year.
All cancellations for Workshop and tools bookings must be received by email to email@example.com at least 1 day prior.
3.) PHOTO RELEASE
I consent that &company has full and unrestricted publishing and use rights for any photographs (digital or print) taken on the &company premises by &company employees in which my image or any of my materials or art, either brought in or created/generated at &company, appears. I hereby release, discharge, and agree to hold harmless &company from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of said picture or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication thereof, including without limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy.
4.) AGE VERIFICATION
The &company Workshop is an 18 and over facility. I agree to provide one (1) piece of official state or government issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license, Proof of Age or a passport to confirm identity and age. I hereby verify on this day that I am at least 18 years of age, and agree to provide any necessary identification to &company upon request.
5.) FACILITY POLICY & PROCEDURE
A) General Facility Use
As a Workshop Member of &company you are entitled to discounted rates on &company Classes as detailed in your specific membership package. As a Workshop Member, you are exclusively entitled to use of our shared Workspaces, pending safety approval by management. The following policies are in place to ensure fair access for all members to our facilities. Failure to abide by these policies may result in termination of membership by staff.
All shop and studio space must be kept orderly and neat. If you are using workshop equipment of any sort, they must be operated with proper care. Please make sure all equipment is returned to the very same state as it was found. If you have any problems or questions, please notify the &company staff immediately.
Failure to follow specific guidelines and procedures may result in the user being held responsible for replacement cost and labor cost of damaged &company property.
B) Work Bench and Equipment reservations
Reservable areas are available for Workshop Members only.
All spaces are provided on an as-is basis. &company does not warranty or guarantee the state of any shared, complimentary equipment provided.
Reservable Space Rates & Rules for Workshop Members:
• Free to make 2 reservations per day, up to 7 days in advance
• Reservations may be as long as 7 Hours ($25 per every additional hour to cover additional staff fees strictly at staff discretion)
• Specialist Tools including Letter press and photography equipment need to be booked by negotiation with &company due to limited access. To negotiate use of these tools, Members must call us on 0410178733 in advance to discuss the requirements for booking.
• Cancellations Must Be Received By Phone. 24 Hr minimum notice Required
• Cancellations Received with less than 24 hr. Notice - $25 Cancellation Fee.
• No-Call, No-Shows - $25 fee
• Reservations must be made over the phone or in person
C) Workshop Use
• Workshop Members must check in at the front desk. Anyone not complying will be asked to leave. If you are unsure - return to the Front Desk immediately.
• In order to access the shop, all users must first meet with &company’s Workshop Manager & take Intro to Workshop.
• All users of Workshop are responsible for their own safety. &company will not be held liable or responsible for any injury sustained by using the Workshop.
• &company will maintain machines to be in working order and maintain blades to an acceptable level. If at any time you notice the blades or machines are not functioning properly, please contact the Workshop Manager directly. If the Workshop Manager is not available, please contact the Front Desk.
• When using any of &company’s machines or facilities, the user must return machines and facility to the state they were found in (clean, fully assembled, in good working order).
•All material deliveries must be accepted by the person placing the order. &company will not accept any material or other deliveries for Members or Non-Members.
• Reclaimed wood is only to be used in Workshop after it has been made free of metal using a metal detector. If Workshop user fails to remove all metal from wood, and the metal damages &company’s blades or machines, the user will be liable for all costs (replacement and labour) associated with fixing the blade or machine.
• Under no circumstances can a shop user store any items in the shared space of the shop without receiving prior consent from Workshop Manager.
• Any areas surrounding the &company premises (including front and rear entrances) is expressly off limits for storage of work, including temporary storage.
• All materials and projects in shop must be labeled with all the following: full name, phone number, move date, and labels must be legible. All non or partially labeled projects/materials will be removed from the premises immediately.
• &company is not responsible for any damage to projects or material stored or used in Workshop.
• All users of Workshop must sign a liability waiver.
• Workshop Members may purchase Assistant Passes for the discounted rate of $15/day. Passes must be purchased prior to Assistant using the Workshop and Workshop Member must be present for the entirety of the time Assistant is using the shop.
Using the Shop along with the Education Program
• Access to the Workshop during class time is at the discretion of the Instructor.
• The Yellow Workbench is reserved for classes and is for the exclusive use of instructors and students beginning 30 minutes prior to the start of class. A full class schedule can be obtained from the Front Desk.
• Please be considerate and refrain from excessively noisy work (planing, jointing, grinding) during the first hour of class
• Classes will receive priority on all tools and equipment in the Workshop.
• If you are on a deadline with a project, please speak with the Instructor. We want you to finish your project and have the class be a success.
6.) EDUCATION POLICY
Registration - Classes are scheduled monthly and new classes are added on a monthly basis. Please check our website or come by &company for up to date course information. Comprehensive course descriptions can be found online, and it is recommended that you read through them fully prior to registering. Advanced registration is necessary. Please call 0410178733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Class Enrollment” as your email subject. Instructors, class times, and class dates are subject to change. To register for a class, students must pay in full at the time of enrollment. &company accepts cash or Electronic Funds Transfer. To sign up after the registration deadline, please call to ensure enrollment is still open.
Withdrawals & Transfers - In the event a student must withdraw from a class, he or she may do so any time before the registration deadline of the class, and will receive a 75% refund of class cost plus any equipment or material fees. Class enrollment is nontransferable: requesting to transfer to another section of the same class is considered a withdrawal. Withdrawals on or after the class registration deadline are not refundable and course fees are not transferable. To withdraw from a course please email email@example.com. A credit of your enrollment fee may be issued for medically excused emergencies (with documentation) or family bereavement. Other than this, there will be no exceptions. Please give us as advanced notice as possible for consideration.
Material & Equipment Fees - Classes that make use of tools or supplies will most likely require a material or equipment fee. This pays for in-class consumable items (drill bits, gas, paint, screens) and the upkeep of tools used for that specific class (saw sharpening, tool repair, welding tips, software updates). In some circumstances, students may also be required to purchase certain supplies on their own. This will be clearly indicated in the full online course description.
Missed Classes & Lateness - Missing the first day of a course may be grounds for withdrawal without refund. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you know you are going to miss the first day of a course. We cannot offer complimentary makeup sessions outside class time or in concurrent or future course sections. Instructors are not obligated to catch students up during scheduled class time for missed sessions or excessive lateness.
Workshop Members Class discount - In an effort to make &company’s education program accessible to the community at large, we reserve 2-5 seats per class for either non-members or TOTW/Mentoring Program Members.
If We Cancel or Reschedule a Class - Most classes offered at &company must have a minimum of 5 students registered in order for the class to commence. In the event a course does not receive sufficient enrollment, it may be canceled. Students will be notified at least 24 hours prior to the start of the class. In the event of a cancellation, students will be refunded within 5 business days. If we reschedule a class to another date, students are also entitled to a full refund. &company reserves the right to change instructors without prior notification, and to change class location and meeting times by up to an hour with 48 hours prior notice.
Class Complaints - At the conclusion of every class, students will receive an emailed evaluation request. We depend upon your feedback to help us improve our course offerings. If you have any issue with a class you are currently enrolled in, please either raise your issue with the instructor at the end of the class meeting or email email@example.com. It is our general experience that most issues can be satisfactorily addressed before the course concludes. Complaint resolution may involve contacting the instructor and other students. All emailed comments will remain confidential upon request.
If you have any questions, please give us a call or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org